As a board member, your involvement goes beyond a monthly meeting. We know your commitment to The Salvation Army is about more than time, rather it’s about your heart. We’re grateful for your desire to serve our community and guide us to the best use of our resources. The easiest way to increase your understanding of our programs and the ways we help is to volunteer. Here are a few options to start with:
- Share Salvation Army news and your commitment to the mission on social media
- Host a food drive at your workplace
- Ring bells and encourage others to join you
- Shop at or donate to The Salvation Army Stores
- Connect with your employer to see if there are corporate funds available for donations
- Consider a lasting commitment to The Salvation Army through Estate & Planned Giving
- Find upcoming volunteer needs on the Twin Cities Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in Board Membership?
Advisory Board members are community representatives who provide valuable assistance and advice in support of The Salvation Army’s mission to “preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination”.
The Salvation Army relies heavily on board members’ advice and community outreach, and their ability to financially and prayerfully support the programs that are doing the most good for those in the most need. These representatives are of different age groups, races, religions, interests, and expertise. Contact us today to learn more.