Homeless Veterans Program
The St. Cloud Salvation Army and the Department of Veteran Affairs have partnered to provide hope and help to homeless veterans since 2009 through the Veterans Grant & Per Diem (VGPD) program.
The goal-oriented program operated at The Salvation Army has warm beds available for up to seven veterans. The program promotes sustained wellness and ultimately strives to find veterans permanent housing. Goals, which are determined by the veteran and an assigned Salvation Army case worker, may include:
- Recovery from addiction starting with 60 days of continuous sobriety
- Securing employment that adequately provides for basic needs
- Pursuing further education
- Participating in volunteerism
- Receiving ongoing outpatient care at the local Veteran Affairs Medical Center
- Reintegrating into society
While in the program, veterans must meet with their assigned case worker and follow the designated Salvation Army guidelines.
To request assistance, stop by our office at 400 U.S. Highway 10 S. in St. Cloud during normal business hours. Or, call 320-257-7429 to speak with the veterans’ case manager.