It’s the kindhearted volunteers like you who help fulfill our promise to do the most good. Whether you have a specific talent to offer or simply an hour of your time, The Salvation Army is the place to turn your passion into action.
First, find an opportunity below that piques your interest. Then call Jill Buchholz at 218-722-7934 ext. 114 or sign up online, when available. It’s that simple.
- Prepare meals, serve food or help in the kitchen for our hot lunch program
- Stock, sort or distribute food for the food shelf
- Provide custodial services
- Offer driving services to senior citizens
- Coach or referee a Rookie Basketball team. If you volunteered for this role last year, you do not need to fill out a new application. You can simply log in with your username and password and indicate your interest to return. Thank you!
- Pick up and drop off youth for the youth ministry
- Sort donations at the thrift store
- Run the cash register at the thrift store
Bell Ringing & Holiday Opportunities
Here are some additional ways to help:
- Adopt a kettle location for your business and fill all bell ringing shifts
- Wrap Christmas gifts (ages 14 & up)
- Register families for holiday food assistance and toy shop appointments (ages 18 & up)
- Volunteer at the holiday food and toy distribution
- Knit or crochet hats, mittens and scarves for people in need (yarn provided)
- Help recruit seasonal volunteers