Donate school supplies at select Shopko stores in MN
Summer is far from over, but it’s not too early to help children prepare for the upcoming school year.
You can help kids in your community by donating school supplies at select Shopko stores in Minnesota (see list of stores at bottom).
The retailer’s annual “Tools for School” drive runs July 8–Aug. 10, when donations of notebooks, pencils, markers, and other classroom essentials will be collected in specially-marked donation bins inside participating stores.
Donating school supplies is a simple way to make a big impact.
“Many low-income families barely have enough money to pay for rent and groceries – let alone school supplies,” said Lt. Col. Lonneal Richardson, leader of The Salvation Army Northern Division. “Giving free school supplies to these families reduces their stress and allows children to start the school year focused and prepared. We thank Shopko for this partnership.”
Shopko stores participating in “Tools for School” include:
- Aitkin: 190 Southgate Dr.
- Albert Lea: 2610 Bridge Ave.
- Cokato: 145 Broadway Ave. N.
- Glencoe: 3225 10th St. E.
- Hutchinson: 125 Main St. N.
- Luverne: 405 W. Interstate Dr.
- Marshall: 1200 Susan Drive
- Moose Lake: 4791 County Rd. 10
- Mora: 340 S. Hwy 65
- North Branch: 5630 St. Croix Trail
- Pipestone: 1002 7th St. SW
- Rochester: 2820 Hwy 63 South
- Rochester: 3708 Hwy 63 North
- Roseau: 1087 3rd St. NW
- St. James: 301 1st Ave. N.
- St. Peter: 1002 Old MN Ave.
- Two Harbors: 1009 7th Ave.
- Warroad: 216 Main Ave. NE
- Windom: 2155 1st Ave. N.
- Worthington: 1755 North Humiston Ave.
Please join The Salvation Army by volunteering or making a donation to support your local community. Stay current on how The Salvation Army is changing lives in Minnesota and North Dakota by signing up for our e-Newsletters.