Saint Grand continues spreading Christmas cheer
Written by Julie Borgen, Twin Cities Media Relations Director for The Salvation Army Northern Division
Roseville, Minn.- The anonymous donor The Salvation Army calls “Saint Grand” continues to bless the organization with more $1,300 cash donations, and even one for $1,400.
Saint Grand has given 11 gifts so far this year.
In 2011, the donor began dropping bundles of 10, crisp $100 bills into red kettles all over the metro area. Then in 2015, Saint Grand upped the gifts to $1,100. In 2016, the gifts went up to $1,200. This year, they went up even more to $1,300 and now a $1,400 donation.
“We are excited to have Saint Grand back making these generous gifts again this year,” said Lt. Col. Lonneal Richardson, leader of The Salvation Army Northern Division. “With an $11.7 million dollar Christmas goal in the Twin Cities, donations like this really make a difference.”
Over the last seven years, Saint Grand has donated more than $115,100 in cash to The Salvation Army.
2017 Saint Grand gifts:
- Dec. 5, $1,200 at Lunds and Byerlys in Roseville
- Dec. 7, $1,300 at Cub on Larpenteur in Roseville
- Dec. 9, $1,300 at Lunds & Byerlys in Roseville
- Dec. 14, $1,300 at Lunds & Byerlys in Roseville
- Dec. 14, $1,300 at Cub in Roseville
- Dec. 16, $1,300 at Cub on County Rd. B in Maplewood
- Dec. 16, $1,300 at Cub on County Rd. B. in Maplewood (both left in the same kettle)
- Dec. 19, $1,300 at Cub in Edina
- Dec. 20, $1,300 at Lunds and Byerlys in Roseville
- Dec. 21, $1,300 at Cub on Larpenteur in Roseville
- Dec. 21, $1,400 at Rainbow in Richfield
Poverty is an everyday battle. People experiencing poverty are not without hope – their lives are just harder than they should be. The Salvation Army is helping to make their lives a little easier, thanks to your gifts of time and money. Join us in the fight for good by giving online or donating at a red kettle, becoming a volunteer bell ringer, or recruiting your own army as a fundraiser on RedKettleReason.org. Learn more about how The Salvation Army fights poverty in your community.