When tornadoes, floods, fires and other disasters strike, we provide critical services to ensure survivors have the support needed to rebuild their lives.
Our team serves communities across Minnesota and North Dakota, with local response units based in many cities including the Twin Cities and Fargo. See how our national disaster relief team also responds to disasters all over the world.
Services We Provide
Here’s a list of disaster services we may provide (read full descriptions):
- Meal services
- Spiritual ministry
- Donated goods
- Cleanup and reconstruction
- Financial assistance
- Volunteer staffing
How to Become a Volunteer
- Complete an application and mail it to: The Salvation Army, Attn: EDS, 2445 Prior Ave. N., Roseville, MN 55113
- Attend the four required courses: “Introduction to Emergency Disaster Services,” “ServSafe®,” “Safe from Harm” and “Disaster Food Services and Canteen Operations” plus additional courses for your assigned specialty area (view course descriptions)
We are always seeking skilled retired or semi-retired professionals to serve in a number of leadership functions.
Register for Training Courses
Give Money or Supplies
- Give online
- Mail a check to: The Salvation Army, 2445 Prior Ave., Roseville, MN 55113 with “Disaster” written in the memo line
- Call 800-SAL-ARMY (725-2769) 24 hours a day
Due to the expense of transporting goods, supply drives during disasters are not always the most efficient way to help and are considered on a case-by-case basis by calling 651-746-3404.
Enter your ZIP code below and contact your local Salvation Army to inquire about disaster relief needs in your community.