For Minnesota Food Share Month, our favorite local “food heroes” – Andrew Zimmern, Lynne Rosetto Kasper, Sarah Master and Lenny Russo among them – did their part to help by creating special meals for RecipeShare, a collection of recipes – some budget-conscious, all nutritious.
Below are 37 recipes for you to try, each with a Minnesota hunger fact. Every dollar you share as part of this project goes directly to our local food shelves.
Meatless and Vegetarian
- Arroz Guatemalteco (Guatemalan Vegetable Rice)
- Cold Peanut Sesame Noodles
- Polenta with Roasted Vegetables
- Spicy Garbanzo Stir Fry
- Smack ‘n’ Cheese
- Veggie Skillet Hash
- Braised Eggplant with Tomato Sauce
- Mushroom and Onion Quiche
- Escarole and Beans
- Noodles and Cheese
- Farmer’s Market Pasta
- Easy Spanish Frittata
- Sweet Corn Quesadillas
- Vegan Blackbean Crockpot Enchiladas
- Curried Garbanzos and Veggies over Brown Rice
Soup, Chili and Stews
Find your favorites, then use the links below to share. Because that’s what we do in Minnesota. We share what we have including food, recipes and dollars.