Special Report Series 2012
The Salvation Army’s promise is to do the most good. That happens in many ways through a variety of programs. Our year-long Special Report series gives you an in-depth look at the programs we provide within The Salvation Army’s areas of service: basic needs, rehabilitation, housing, counseling, youth services, disaster relief and spiritual.
Click the links below to view each part of this special series. You’ll find first-hand stories of help and hope, plus resources on how to get assistance.
- Part 1: HeatShare (Basic Needs) – Stoking the Flame of Hope
- An in depth look at the HeatShare program and a story of how the program helped Mike Peterson after unforeseen hardship introduced him to three terrifying words: shut-off notice.
- Part 2: Rehabilitation – Breaking Free from Addictions
- Learn more about our rehabilitation programs, the real-life people they serve and how your spring cleaning can change a life.
- Part 3: Housing – The Big Savings of Free Housing
- Learn about our housing programs, the people who call The Salvation Army home and why giving a homeless person a permanent place to live is surprisingly cost-effective.
- Part 4: Hunger (Basic Needs) – The Fight Against Hunger
- See how we’re fighting hunger both through traditional means – like hot meal programs and food shelves – and new methods like our mobile home lunch program. Also learn about our partnership with a local grocer that provides fresh produce and baked goods.
- Part 5: Youth Services – Bringing Stability to a Young Population
- A closer look at our youth services, plus a special story about an incredible young man now in our care following the devastating Haiti earthquake of 2010.