Twin Cities volunteer of the year winners, nominees announced
Today, we kick off National Salvation Army Week. This week is observed immediately following Mother’s Day in May and was first declared by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1954 – 74 years after The Salvation Army arrived in the U.S.
It’s a week that serves as an opportunity for us to celebrate the volunteers, donors and program beneficiaries who enable us to be the hands and feet of Christ.
That said, we are honoring the following volunteers from the Twin Cities who stand out among their peers. Here is the list of local honorees among the nominations for three categories: Individual Volunteer of the Year, Youth Volunteer of the Year and Lifetime Service Volunteer of the Year. This year, two of the category’s winners are Twin Cities residents.
Click on their names below to read their full stories of service.
- Individual Volunteer of the Year: Keith Ableiter, Brooklyn Park Salvation Army
- Youth Volunteer of the Year: Christina Trejo, Minneapolis East Lake Street Salvation Army
- Carolyn Bradway, Brooklyn Park Salvation Army
- John Blair, St. Paul West 7th Street Salvation Army
- Eldon College, Maplewood Salvation Army
- Serinia Holmboe, Minneapolis East Lake Street Salvation Army
- Bob Schneider, Salvation Army Northern Division Headquarters in Roseville, Minn.
- Lilly Gatz, Minneapolis East Lake Street Salvation Army