Northern Division: Serving every county in Minnesota and North Dakota

Twin Cities News

Police cadets volunteer and connect with community

Added on July 21, 2017

Minneapolis Police Department cadets spend a week volunteering at three Salvation Army locations to gain a better understanding of how to work with the community they will be serving...

Help us win $25,000 to help others overcome

Added on July 20, 2017

You can help the Twin Cities Salvation Army win $25,000 for hurting families by supporting us in the 2017 Give Twin Cities Challenge – an online fundraising competition between 22 local charities...

Meet the 2017 Linden Scholarship winners

Added on July 12, 2017

Written by Julie Borgen, Twin Cities Media Relations Director at The Salvation Army Northern Division

Six local students are celebrating after earning a $3,000 scholarship from The Salvation Army to help pay for college this fall, after 24 applied.

In the mid 1970’s, St. Paul native Pearl H. Linden and her two sisters left $1.25 million to several …

When summer break breaks the bank

Added on July 6, 2017

When I think back to my childhood, I remember desperately yearning for summer break. I would dream of the days spent in the sun, biking to the pool, and lying on the green grass. I'm truly feel lucky that I don't associate summer with a season for hunger...

Gentle yoga is a hit at Adult Day Center in Maplewood (video)

Added on June 28, 2017

If you think yoga is only for people who can twist into a pretzel on the floor, think again. A gentle version is bringing new life to people at the Adult Day Center...

St. Paul chef trades fame for Salvation Army kitchen

Added on June 27, 2017

What do you get when you cross a highly educated theologian with a head chef at one of the hottest restaurants in town? The new cook at The Salvation Army....

On her darkest day, woman finds help and hope

Added on June 26, 2017

A car accident pushed a woman into a downward spiral. The Salvation Army caught her, helping restore faith and hope for the future...

The Salvation Army is ‘in my blood,’ says board member Schweizer

Added on June 26, 2017

ndy Schweizer has been eating, sleeping and breathing The Salvation Army for half a century. He started as a Salvation Army band member at age 6. Today, the 56-year-old serves on two Salvation Army advisory boards...

These safety tips could save your life

Added on June 14, 2017

We believe preparedness is the first step to keeping your family safe. The time to prepare for a disaster isn’t when the storm begins to grow. The time to prepare is now, so we've made it easier than ever to do so...

‘Amazing’ team recalls moment of triumph

Added on June 13, 2017

Perennial MOST Amazing Race competitors Zac Bauer and Grant Dietrich of team “Two Guys” recall the time they were part of a breathtaking finish...

Harbor Light open as cooling center this weekend

Added on June 9, 2017

The Salvation Army's Harbor Light Center will be open June 10-11 as a cooling center from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m...

Shy girl transformed in after school program

Added on June 9, 2017

A shy little girl who was struggling to read is transformed in The Salvation Army's after school program...
Page 1 of 5112345...102030...Last »