It’s the kindhearted volunteers like you who help fulfill our promise to do the most good. Whether you have a specific talent to offer or simply an hour of your time, The Salvation Army is the place to turn your passion into action.
First, find an opportunity below that piques your interest. Then call 612-721-1513 ext. 2710 or sign up online, when available. It’s that simple.
- Free food distribution assistant (sign up online)
- Work with youth in the Kids’ Club
- Help with the Youth Soccer League
- Sort donations in our food shelf
- Serve food/host during our Noon meal program
- Help wash dishes in our kitchen
- Host a food drive
The easiest way to help from early November through Christmas Eve is to ring a bell at one of our iconic red kettles, raising the funds that change lives all year long. Volunteers are the difference between an empty kettle and one that raises about $30 per hour – enough to provide a family with two bags of groceries. Online registration begins in the fall.
Don’t see an opportunity here for you? Call us. We’ll find a place for anyone who wants to help.