It’s the kindhearted volunteers like you who help fulfill our promise to do the most good. Whether you have a specific talent to offer or simply an hour of your time, The Salvation Army is the place to turn your passion into action.
First, find an opportunity below that piques your interest. Then call Bethany Tjornhom at 612-767-3119 or sign up online, when available. It’s that simple.
Bell Ringing & Holiday Opportunities
The easiest way to help from early November through Christmas Eve is to ring a bell at one of our iconic red kettles, raising the funds that change lives all year long. Sign up online
Here are some additional ways to help:
- Serve holiday meals to people in need
- Sort coats and other seasonal donations
- Make bag lunches or serve supper for holiday employees
- Meal service assistance – individuals or groups (watch training video or sign up online.)
- Job coach
- Computer lab supervisor
- Monday night Bingo coordinator
- Book club coordinator
- Office help
- Make prayer cards
- Assist house keeping staff (sweeping, mopping, taking out garbage, laundry)
- Outdoor cleaning and maintenance (sweeping, pick up garbage, plant flowers, clear sidewalks)
- Sort clothes closet donation
- Recreation helper
- Fitness instructor
Don’t see an opportunity here for you? Call us. We’ll find a place for anyone who wants to help.