Basics of Life Training (BOLT)
Basics of Life Training, BOLT, is a residential program that focuses on changing lives. The program helps men and women address the behavior patterns that led them to be homeless, go to prison or develop a chemical dependency.
The program focuses on personal growth in five areas – education, vocation, physical health, relationships and spirituality. After the initial program, six months non-residential aftercare is available.
Purpose of the BOLT Program
The BOLT program offers a fresh start by allowing individuals to deal with personal issues, while equipping them to be successful in society. Housing, meals, classes and materials are provided free of charge.
With passion and compassion, it is the goal of the BOLT program to help people become spiritually grounded, productive members of society.
What the BOLT Program Includes
- Weekly group and one-on-one counseling
- Regular service projects at Harbor Light and within the community
- Support in locating permanent housing
- Job placement training
- Help in getting a High School Diploma or GED
- Development of computer skills
- Development of spiritual character
BOLT Program Staff
How is the BOLT Program Funded?
For more information about the BOLT Program, call 612-767-3100.