Disaster Volunteer Team
Whether you want to help sustain local firefighters during a fire response or seek training to serve in a skilled leadership position for retired volunteers, there is a place for you on our team. We welcome adult volunteers of all ages to serve at varying levels – from time commitments of just a few hours each month to being available at a moment’s notice.
Click the links below to learn about becoming a disaster volunteer.
Join the Fargo Team
To be considered for service, complete the following steps:
- Complete an application and mail it to: The Salvation Army, Attn: EDS, 304 Roberts St., Fargo, ND 58102
- Attend the required Introduction to Emergency Disaster Services and Disaster Food Services: Handling and Delivery training courses (view course descriptions)
- Attend the required Safe from Harm training before working with vulnerable populations
- Attend additional training courses if needed for your area of specialty
New team members spend the first six months of team participation with a probationary status (status descriptions), while the required training is completed.
Register for Training Courses
- Introduction to Emergency Disaster Services – March 7
- Disaster Food Servics and Canteen Operations – March 14
Disaster volunteer team members in Fargo may attend trainings in other Minnesota and North Dakota cities, when local trainings are not available.
- Dave Hinkley, Team Lead
- Andy Lynch, Deputy Team Lead
- Bryan Hagen, Operations Chief
- Tom Vesel, Planning Chief
- Sue Spooner, Logistics Chief
- Kimberly Wagner, Finance and Administration Chief
For general questions about serving as a disaster volunteer in Fargo, email Team Lead Dave Hinkley. If you are interested in joining the disaster services team, call 701-232-5565.