Disaster Volunteer Team
Whether you want to help sustain local firefighters during a fire response or seek training to serve in a skilled leadership position for retired volunteers, there is a place for you on our team. We welcome adult volunteers of all ages to serve at varying levels – from time commitments of just a few hours each month to being available at a moment’s notice.
Click the links below to learn about becoming a disaster volunteer.
Join the Fargo Team
To be considered for service, complete the following steps:
- Complete an application and mail it to: The Salvation Army, Attn: EDS, 304 Roberts St., Fargo, ND 58102
- Attend the required Introduction to Emergency Disaster Services and Disaster Food Services: Handling and Delivery training courses (view course descriptions)
- Attend the required Safe from Harm training before working with vulnerable populations
- Attend additional training courses if needed for your area of specialty
New team members spend the first six months of team participation with a probationary status (status descriptions), while the required training is completed.
Register for Training Courses
Disaster volunteer team members in Fargo may attend trainings in other Minnesota and North Dakota cities, when local trainings are not available.
- Dave Hinkley, Team Lead
- Andy Lynch, Deputy Team Lead
- Bryan Hagen, Operations Chief
- Tom Vesel, Planning Chief
- Sue Spooner, Logistics Chief
- Kimberly Wagner, Finance and Administration Chief
For general questions about serving as a disaster volunteer in Fargo, email Team Lead Dave Hinkley. If you are interested in joining the disaster services team, call 701-232-5565.