It’s the kindhearted volunteers like you who help fulfill our promise to do the most good. Whether you have a specific talent to offer or simply an hour of your time, The Salvation Army is the place to turn your passion into action.
First, find an opportunity below that piques your interest. Then call Jill Buchholz at 218-722-7934 ext. 114 or sign up online, when available. It’s that simple.
- Cook meals, serve food or help in the kitchen for our hot lunch program
- Stock, sort or distribute food for the food shelf
- Provide custodial services
- Offer driving services to senior citizens
- Coach or referee a Rookie Basketball team
- Pick up and drop off youth for the youth ministry
- Sort donations at the thrift store
- Run the cash register at the thrift store
- Train to be an emergency disaster services volunteer
Bell Ringing & Holiday Opportunities
The easiest way to help from early November through Christmas Eve is to ring a bell at one of our iconic red kettles, raising the funds that change lives all year long. Registration for two-hour shifts begins in the fall.
Here are some additional ways to help:
- Adopt a kettle location for your business and fill all bell ringing shifts
- Wrap Christmas gifts (ages 14 & up) (get details)
- Register families for holiday food assistance and toy shop appointments (ages 18 & up)
- Volunteer at the holiday food and toy distribution (get details)
- Knit or crochet hats, mittens and scarves for people in need (yarn provided)
- Help recruit seasonal volunteers