Does your child want to learn to play basketball in a fun environment? The Salvation Army Rookie Basketball Association is a youth basketball league for boys and girls in Duluth, Minn., that teaches team play and equal participation, while developing on-court skills.
The league offers seasonal sessions, plus 3-on-3 player opportunities and clinics. For information on current league events view our most recent newsletter: fall 2017.
Winter League: Grades K-4
There is a $90 registration fee per child. Families registering more than one child will receive a $10 discount for each additional child after one paid full-cost registration. Jerseys are $12 per child. There is a $20 late fee per child for registrations submitted after Oct. 6.
Here is the 2017-2018 game schedule. Contact your coach for your team number. Games are played at The Salvation Army, 215 S 27 Ave W, The Encounter, 201 E 1st St, and The Boys and Girls Club Lincoln Park, 2407 W 4th St.
Spring League: Grades 3-6
Summer Clinics: Grades K-6
Fall 3-on-3 Tournament: Grades K-12
Games will begin at 8:30 a.m. Volunteers are needed to set up, keep score, and fill many other roles. For more information, to participate in planning, or to volunteer email email@example.com or call 218-576-6174. Registration is now closed.
Discounts & Scholarships
Practice and Games
- The Salvation Army, 215 S. 27th Ave. W.
- Congdon Elementary, 3116 E. Superior St.
- Holy Rosary School, 2802 E. 4th St.
- Homecroft Elementary, 4784 Howard Gnesen Road
- Lowell Elementary, 200 Rice Lake Rd.
- Laura MacArthur Elementary, 720 N. Central Ave.
- Lester Park Elementary, 5300 Glenwood St.
- Myers Wilkins Elementary, 1027 N. 8th Ave. E.
- Piedmont Elementary, 2827 Chambersburg Ave.
- Stowe Elementary, 715 101st Ave. W.
- Encounter, 201 E. First St.
- Boys & Girls Club-Lincoln Park, 2407 W. 4th St.
All games are on Saturdays at either The Salvation Army, 215 S. 27th Ave. W., The Encounter, 201 E. 1st St., or The Boys & Girls Club – Lincoln Park, 2407 W. 4th St.
If Duluth Public Schools are closed due to a holiday or inclement weather, practices or games will be cancelled.
Coaches send players home with drills and skill work to practice at home. View player skill guide.
Coaches and Volunteers Needed
2017-18 Dale Stocke Coach of the Year
Mayor Emily Larson, Steve Williams recipient, St. Scholastica Head Coach David Staniger
Parent and Player Resources
Photos and video
- Practice with the UMD Women’s Team
- Practice with the UMD Men’s Team
- Practice with the Duluth Denfeld Girl’s Varsity Team
- Practice with the Duluth East Girl’s Varsity Team
- Girls Community Practice with Denfeld & East Girl’s Varsity Teams
- Practice with the Duluth Denfeld Boy’s Varsity Team
- Practice with the Duluth East Boy’s Varsity Team
- Practice with the Lakeview Christian Academy Boy’s Varsity Team
Videos: Testimonials & Season Highlights
These are the highlights for the 2016-17 Winter Season. Watch to learn what our league is about and what a typical season is like.
From the Mayor
Duluth Mayor Emily Larson congratulates players on a season well done and talks about her own children’s experience in the league.
End of Season Message: Minnesota Viking C.J. Ham
End of Season Message: Anders & Bjorn Broman
Sponsors and Support
We also have a number of local businesses who support the program:
“Pro Team” Sponsors ($1,500+)
“Varsity Team” Sponsors ($300-$1,499)
- The Ski Hut
- New York Life
- Country Inn and Suites Duluth North
- AmericInn Hotel and Suites Duluth South – Black Woods Convention Center
- Vintage Acres (Duluth)
- Zenith Terrace
- Hubbard Broadcasting (WDIO TV)
- Kia of Duluth
- Gerlach, Beaumier, and Trogdon Attorneys at Law
- Asphalt of Duluth
- City Auto Glass
- Legacy Custom Homes
- Doty Development-TLC
- Little Caesars
For more information about the Rookie Basketball Association, please contact Kris Mallett at 218-576-6174.