Programs and Services
Our programs and services are funded by generous donors (annual report) and staffed by kind-hearted volunteers. When you donate online or become a volunteer, we can do even more good for people in need in the Greater Duluth area. Call 218-722-7934 to learn about the help that is currently available.
- Weekday hot lunch – Our hot lunch program provides a free, nutritious weekday meal to anyone who visits our Salvation Army service center at 215 S. 27th Ave. W. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Emergency food shelf – Our food pantry offers free groceries to individuals and families in need who live between 10th and 40th Ave. W., and in the Piedmont neighborhood. Food is distributed at the Salvation Army service center on Mondays and Thursdays from 1:30 to 4 p.m.
- Medical food shelf – Our medical food shelf is available by appointment on Wednesdays from 1:30 – 3 p.m. This service is for people with special dietary needs. A medical referral is required.
Other Basic Needs
- Rent and mortgage payments
- Heat and other utilities
- Clothing and household items from our Salvation Army Store
- Meeting the needs of disaster survivors
- Christmas toys and food for low-income families
Our popular Rookie Basketball Association teaches teamwork, skill formation and character development through the game of basketball.
Our Caring Ministries support monthly events at four Duluth nursing homes. Seasonal visits and gift distribution take place at nine other centers. Visits are also made to home-bound seniors.