Northern Division: Serving every county in Minnesota and North Dakota

Booth Brown House News

Find meaning with us on Easter

Added on April 15, 2014

This Sunday is Easter, a day when Christians all over the world will celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Without the resurrection, Jesus would have been just another man who spoke God’s Word. But through the resurrection, He proved He is God’s own son…

Did Jesus really rise from the dead?

Added on April 15, 2014

Leading up to Easter, we examine the abundance of historical evidence that Jesus rose from the dead…

God continues chain of blessing started 21 years ago

Added on April 10, 2014

It’s National Volunteer Week – a week when we take a little extra time to make sure our volunteers know how much we appreciate everything that they do to make our work possible. Sometimes when we reach out to bless volunteers though, it’s our staff members who come away from the interaction feeling blessed…

Foyer Program accepting applications through March 14

Added on March 10, 2014

The Salvation Army Booth Brown House has one transitional housing unit opening in the Foyer Program…

Blog: It’s Ash Wednesday – ‘Give it up’ for those in need

Added on March 5, 2014

While getting ready for work this morning my husband said, “I think I want to ‘give something up’ for Lent this year.” I said that instead of giving something up, we should do something that makes an impact for others once a week…

FoodShare Month gifts allow us to buy food at 12 cents a pound

Added on February 28, 2014

The Salvation Army loves a good challenge – especially when it helps feed low-income families. During the month of March…

Foyer Program accepting HUD applications through Feb. 13

Added on January 30, 2014

The Salvation Army Booth Brown House has an opening for a HUD (Housing and Urban Development) unit in the Foyer Permanent Supportive Housing Program, which offers stable and affordable housing to young people…

Resolved to be healthier? Add ‘giving back’ to the checklist

Added on January 15, 2014

If you’ve resolved to maintain good health in 2014, add ‘giving back’ to your daily checklist. That’s right, being selfless reaps some self-serving health benefits…

Salvation Army fund for survivors of tragic Minneapolis fire

Added on January 3, 2014

The tragic fire at the Cedar Ave apartments on New Years Day claimed at least one life and injured many others. The Salvation Army disaster relief team arrived immediately to support…

Numbers show Christmas campaign comes up short

Added on January 1, 2014

New Years Eve gifts of $275,000, including a man dropping off a check for $20,000 at closing time in Roseville. . .

Salvation Army relief team at Cedar Ave. fire

Added on January 1, 2014

Salvation Army disaster relief volunteers are on the scene of a fire at Cedar-Riverside in Minneapolis where an apparent explosion started a fire . . .

Twin Cities Salvation Army still short of Christmas goal

Added on December 29, 2013

The Twin Cities Salvation Army is $2 million short of its $10.8 million Christmas goal. . .

Page 1 of 512345