Coats for Kids
The Salvation Army Coats for Kids program has been keeping Twin Cities kids warm for 28 years. The 2013 coat drive was Oct. 7 – 20. Donations will be distributed at our Salvation Army centers on Oct. 29.
Miss the coat drive? Salvation Army centers will still accept your donations of new and clean, gently-used coats and winter accessories (mittens, gloves, hats, snow boots, snow pants, etc.) to distribute throughout the winter as needs arise. You can also give online to help buy new coats. A $17 donation covers the cost of a warm winter coat for a kid in need.
Give a Coat or Donate
- Cub Foods (find a location)
- Kowalski’s Markets (find a location)
- Clean’n’Press Dry Cleaning (find a location)
- Trollhaugen (discount details)(get directions)
- Postal Credit Union (find a local branch)
- Granite City – St. Louis Park (discount details)(get directions)
- Creation Chiropractic – Eden Prairie (free exam details) (get directions)
- Salvation Army Worship & Service Centers (find a location)
You can still give online to help buy new coats. A $17 donation covers the cost of a warm winter coat for a kid in need.
Need a Coat
There is no pre-registration for the event. Families who fulfill the following eligibility requirements are helped on a first-come, first-serve basis until supplies run out:
- Dependent children must be ages 0-17
- Bring a valid photo ID
- Bring a current piece of mail confirming your ZIP code
- Bring one form of ID for each child – copies accepted (medical card, social security card, birth certificate, school ID)
Parents shop for one coat and one winter accessory per child. Children should not accompany parents to the distribution.
Call the Coats for Kids Hotline at 651-746-3412 for more information, including which site serves your area.
Sorting and staging
- Final Sorting and Staging (Oct. 22, 23)
Setup and Distribution
- Brooklyn Park (view shifts)
- Coon Rapids (view shifts)
- Dakota County Social Service Office (view shifts)
- FULL – Maplewood (view shifts)
- FULL – Minneapolis NE Central Ave. (view shifts)
- Minneapolis E. Lake Street (view shifts)
- Minneapolis N. Lyndale Ave. (view shifts)
- St. Paul Payne Ave. (view shifts)
- FULL – St. Paul W. 7th Street (view shifts)
- Wright County Social Service Office (view shifts)
Host a Coat Drive
We have electronic copies of posters you can use to advertise your collection, and we are happy to arrange pick up for drives that bring in more than 100 coats. For smaller collections, we ask that donations be dropped off at our divisional headquarters, 2445 Prior Ave. N. in Roseville.
Please contact Coats for Kids manager Dave Johnson at 651-746-3528 for details on getting started with a drive.
About Coats for Kids