Coats for Kids
The Salvation Army Coats for Kids program has been keeping Twin Cities kids warm for 29 years. The 2014 coat drive ended in October, but you can still help a child in need when you give online to buy new coats. A $16 donation covers the cost of a warm winter coat for a kid in need.
Now through Jan. 31, California Closets is collecting coats. Drop an item off at one of their 13 Twin Cities locations. Additionally, Ideal Credit Union generously accepts coat donations all year long for The Salvation Army. Find a location near you.
- Cub Foods (find a location)
- Kowalski’s Markets (find a location)
- Salvation Army Stores (find a location) (get a discount)
- Alerus Banks (find a location)
- Alerus Mortgage (Minnetonka, Arden Hills, Edina)
- Clean’n’Press Dry Cleaning (all locations except Hastings)
- Trollhaugen (get directions) (get a discount lift ticket)
- Ideal Credit Union (find a location)
- Creation Chiropractic – Eden Prairie (get directions)
- Coon Rapids Chrysler (get directions)
- Title Boxing Club – Arden Hills (get directions) (get a free pass)
- Medifast (find a location)
- KSTP-TV – St. Paul (3415 University Ave.)
- AmeriPride Cleaners – Minnetonka location only (10801 Wayzata Blvd.)
- Sublime Haircare – West St. Paul (1643 S. Robert St., Suite 70) (entered to win a prize)
- Salvation Army Worship & Service Centers (find a location)
Host a Coat Drive
We have electronic copies of posters you can use to advertise your collection, and we are happy to arrange pick up for drives that bring in more than 100 coats. For smaller collections, we ask that donations be dropped off at our divisional headquarters, 2445 Prior Ave. N. in Roseville, Minn.
Please contact Twin Cities Coats for Kids manager Jessica Hering at 651-746-3591 for details on getting started with a drive.
About Coats for Kids
Thank you to our 2014 partners: Alerus Mortgage, AmeriPride, Clean’n'Press, Cub Foods, 5 Eyewitness News, Kowalski’s Markets, and KS95.